JaniceOmega!

My photo
Alhambra by way of Long Beach, California, United States
About me: Everyday I am evolving, everyday growing, trying to conquer the fears that keep me from embracing the unlimited possibilities. I am working at creating a loving relationship with myself, making no apologies for who I was or who I am becoming. This is my life outloud.

Sunday, July 19, 2009

Today in Stamford, Part II




And the choice is “c”. . . brunch at the Half Moon in the state of New York! Right on the Hudson River. Beautiful. Breathtaking. I just sat and took it all in. In the far distance I could see the Empire State Building which let me know Manhattan was not far away. (Far enough, though!) We ate and laughed and talked. On the way home we drove through Greenwich (pronounced “Grin-itch”) which is a ritzy, upper-class, area of Connecticut. Kennedy (my great niece) attends the Greenwich Academy, an all girls’ school. Kennedy’s in the 7th grade now! (We missed her and Tyler (great nephew) this trip. She’s spending the summer with her grandmother in Vallejo, CA and he’s attending summer school in Europe!!!) Greenwich Academy is Pre-K through high school and each grade level only takes 15 students! (Grades 5-8 is considered middle school and 9-12 is high school. They refer to high school as “upper”) When we got home Jacqui and I reclined on the couch and watched Marley and Me. The 3rd floor went completely untouched. (sigh)

Tomorrow we leave Stamford and head towards Chicago. We have a 3 hour stop in Washington, D.C. and we should arrive in Chicago sometime Tuesday.

2 comments:

  1. Okay lady...I am finally "in" your BLOG!
    Let me tell you I wrote a LONG ASS reponse back when you wrote about nawlins' and I hit send and it said I was not a member and it deleted my entire response!!! WOW...I was bummed and irritated that I needed to create an account first that I closed out and today is the first day I have returned to create one...but NOW I AM ONE OF YOUR FRIENDS!!! And I have been following your journey, just unable to respond until now!
    WOW...hudson river, greenwich neighborhood (fancy...), and an untouched exercise room...don't you worry about a thang...relaxation of the mind and soul=goodness! But you will work your butt off, literally, when you get back! Not an order, you just know it feels good after:)
    Now to the next journal entry below...xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL!!! I type my blogs in MSWord then copy them into my blog. It's just safer that way. An account probably doesn't have to be created to view but to comment that's probably different.

    I'll be traveling and enjoying summer through the end of august so, yeah, come septembe 1, it's will be on, baby!! I will be literally working some fat off of this ass of mine!! LOL. I'm loving it though. :)

    ReplyDelete