JaniceOmega!

My photo
Alhambra by way of Long Beach, California, United States
About me: Everyday I am evolving, everyday growing, trying to conquer the fears that keep me from embracing the unlimited possibilities. I am working at creating a loving relationship with myself, making no apologies for who I was or who I am becoming. This is my life outloud.

Thursday, July 23, 2009

The Split

Thursday, July 23, 2009; 1:48 a.m.

Therman and I have been traveling together, side by side, since July 5th. We have been all over the place and in most places he has provided a little bit of history to make it that more interesting. We have been in Chicago at Gen and Steve's since Tuesday afternoon. Today we split up.

He leaves for Utah at 2:00 p.m.; I fly out Friday for the weekend to sing at a wedding and attend a birthday celebration. We meet back in Chicago next week for the family reunion, but our travel together ends today.

Through our conversations we have shared our lives with one another. . .stories and information about our childhood that neither of us were aware of; and rightly so. I was born in 1959. . .he left the house in 1963 or 64 to attend the armed services, college, travel, and eventually live in another state. So we really just got aqcuainted with each other as brother and sister, and from that became friends. Really good friends. We also shared our reasons for the paths we've taken to be where we are now and the similarities in what we want out of life. And basically that is to just live out our remaining years as open and as freely as possible. We're committed to it.

I'm gonna miss those conversation and the laughter and just "being" with each other. I've learned soooo much from him. By no means is it over--we will continue to converse and laugh and "be" with each other, and we WILL travel together again. But for the next 2-3 weeks of this travel period I will be on my own. It certainly won't be the same. I'm gonna miss him.

What will I remember most? The first night we were in Connecticut at Ronnie and Jacqui's, we were sitting out on the terrace in their back yard. It was late. A beautiful night. We were just in awe of how good things were going and we were present to our own contentment and inner peace. It was like we were seeing or experiencing life for the first time and we were just happy to be right where we were right then. And then, at a sudden moment, we both, at the same time, became witness to God's presence and glory and magnificence. Together we felt Him just consume the air we were breathing. I almost felt myself gasp as though I had been holding my breath and was now released to breathe. I said, "Wow, I am so present with God right now!" He said, "Me, too." And after a moment of what I would describe as a holy silence he whispered, "Hallelujah, Janice." And it stayed silent. It was a powerful moment.

I love you, Therman.

3 comments:

  1. loving your blog! thank you for posting the journey and inclding photos! looking forward to the reunion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow...good times, great memories and family/friends and God...travel does not get any better! I am happy for you J...where is the wedding and where are you traveling alone to????
    Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. by they way...I read the 10 of your top 50 so far...just wanted you to know...your #2...YOU MATTER to me my sweet friend!!! xo

    ReplyDelete