JaniceOmega!

My photo
Alhambra by way of Long Beach, California, United States
About me: Everyday I am evolving, everyday growing, trying to conquer the fears that keep me from embracing the unlimited possibilities. I am working at creating a loving relationship with myself, making no apologies for who I was or who I am becoming. This is my life outloud.

Monday, February 20, 2012

Whitney Houston

On Saturday, February 11, 2012, while dressing to enter into a loving covenant with myself, I learned Whitney Houston died. I was stunned! I remember when I first heard the news of her marriage to Bobbi Brown and her drug addiction. I was stunned then, too. And I remember praying for her. . ..really on my knees interceding for her, that she would find her way back to herself. . .her truth and faith. I remember praying for her deliverance from the abuse and healing in her gift.

It was a strange feeling. . . maybe somewhat ironic?, that on the evening I finally decide to make an “outloud” declaration to love myself, the woman with “the voice” who belted out “Greatest Love of All” would die. I wanted to pay tribute to her and sing just a verse of the song, but the ceremony didn’t permit it. It’s been a week since her death, her funeral service was this past Saturday and streamed live on CNN. I can’t believe she’s gone. At 48, gone. Her musical gift was unlike any I’ve ever heard. And she was beautiful. There was just something special about her.

Andrew says I remind him of her before her drug addiction. He says she was “genuine in her approach to life.” He said he didn’t want to tell me that ‘cause he didn’t want me to take that the wrong way or be offended." Why would I be offended?? Unless I’m missing something, I actually think it’s an honor. I LOVED Whitney. . . the bitch in her and all! She was real AND still loved God!! She was just a baaaad bitch!! No one can touch her! Andrew says we all have our “drugs” and that’s so true. I call them demons. Mine weren’t/aren’t as apparent as drug addiction. By the end of 2011 one “demon” in particular had beat me down; but I was able to fight and come up out of my suffering and find my way to a place of restoration and healing. I believe Whitney’s was about to get the best of her . . . again. God had to call her to home to free her .

Rest in peace beautiful, gifted woman.

No comments:

Post a Comment