JaniceOmega!

My photo
Alhambra by way of Long Beach, California, United States
About me: Everyday I am evolving, everyday growing, trying to conquer the fears that keep me from embracing the unlimited possibilities. I am working at creating a loving relationship with myself, making no apologies for who I was or who I am becoming. This is my life outloud.

Saturday, January 2, 2010

Yesterday's Silence

I broke my mental solitude at 3pm by turning on the t.v. to one of those court shows. But I remained on silent mode and stayed away from FB and the Blackberry ‘till about 5pm. This was a good day and I must incorporate more of these days into my lifestyle.

The final 3 or so hours were spent entertaining random thoughts that came and went, ultimately leading me to make a list of all of the things I want or want to do:

I want to: exercise 3 times a week/cook my own foods/spend more time in prayer and worship/be available for others when they need me or just need my presence/juice regularly/shop/journal regularly/tithe, give, save, invest, and spend/ . . .

The list went on and on, until finally I asked the Lord, how do I create space to do all that I want to do? His response was quick (gotta love Him!):

“First of all” He says, “begin by changing your “I want” to "I will":, I will cook my own foods, I will spend more time in prayer and worship. . .Next, begin each day with Me and end every night with Me; and I will tell you how to do everything you’re wanting to do.” I’m good with that.

So the year is off to a good start. Yesterday was a really good day. Silence gets you in touch with your inner voice and you enter into the spiritual realm where you find clarity and answers to your questions. In my case today, immediate answers. Will it always be like that? Maybe not. But I believe He'll always give me an answer. It may not be the full answer at the time, but I am certain He’ll give me what I need to hold on until I’m ready for full disclosure.

"I will trust in the Lord with all my heart leaning not to my own understanding. In all my ways I will acknowledge Him, confident that He will direct my path"

No comments:

Post a Comment